Instructor Terms & Conditions:
As an Instructor, you are solely responsible for determining the fees charged for your courses. You agree to charge only for content you own or have rights to use. Dating Mechanics University will handle billing and other fee interaction with users. The revenue received from Dating Mechanics University will be in accordance with the terms set forth in this agreement. You will receive the following:
- Dating Mechanics University will pay you Forty percent (40%) of the Net Amount received for your Course. The Net Amount equals the amount actually received from students for your course, applicable sales or other taxes (if any), and any amounts paid in connection with payment collection systems such as PayPal.
- You acknowledge that the amounts paid for outside or self promoted Marketing Programs are your responsibility. Outside or self promoted Marketing Programs have the sole discretion to determine marketing fees and which courses to offer as part of their Marketing Programs. Dating Mechanics University does not guarantee any minimum level of success and its selection of courses for ads or promotions is not an endorsement of those courses, or of you. As part of your participation in Dating Mechanics University you give us permission to share your course, and information about you and the course with Dating Mechanics University staff and selected partners, for which you will not receive compensation. If you do not wish to have your course sponsored in a marketing ad, email admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users are not entitled to refunds as pursuant to Terms of Service. You agree to provide a complete course with all course material. Dating Mechanics University will issue payments to you after the foregoing deductions and adjustments, in US dollars, via PayPal. Payment will be made within thirty (30) days of the end of the month in which the fee for a Course was received. You are responsible for paying taxes on all payments received from Dating Mechanics University.
Individual/Group/Corporate/Subscription Program Terms & Conditions:
By participating in the Subscription Program, you agree to make all of your course (s) eligible for inclusion in Dating Mechanics University Subscription Program offerings. Dating Mechanics University may elect which of your courses to include in any Subscription Program, and may change the selection of courses in each Subscription Program from time to time, in its sole discretion, in response to the needs and requests of Individual/Group/Corporate contracts.
You may elect to terminate your participation in the Subscription Program at any time. Dating Mechanics University will cease to offer your course(s) as a part of the Subscriptions Program within 30 days of termination. Thereafter, your course(s) will no longer be offered to new Individual/Group/Corporate partners as part of their Subscription Program, but any Individual/Group/Corporate partner which purchased a Subscription package while Your course(s) were included will continue to be able to access and enroll in those course(s) for as long as they remain a paying Subscriber.
You will earn fees for all enrollments in your course(s) offered through the Subscriptions Program. These fees will be calculated as follows:
- Each month, Dating Mechanics University will calculate the total amount of Net Revenue from all Subscription customers.
- The amounts charged to Subscription Customers for the Subscriptions Program are at Dating Mechanics University sole discretion.
- Your payment for your course(s) offered in the Subscription Program will be 40% of the total amount for that Subscription Package be it weekly, monthly, semi annually or annually etc.
- Any fees under the Subscription Program will be paid according to the standard payment terms.
Credits Earned Terms & Conditions:
Dating Mechanics University credits program is offered to anyone with a Dating Mechanics University account. Your course will receive a Course Credit amount at the sole discretion of Dating Mechanics University. Participation in the Program is automatic when you become an Instructor. Students will earn course credits any time they complete certain courses that are eligible for receiving credits. For example, Dating Mechanics University may designate enrolling in a certain course as eligible for credit; as soon as a student enrolls in that course they will receive the credits allocated for that eligible course. To earn the credits the activity must be an eligible course and they must complete all steps associated with the eligible course for credit. There are a few additional rules and terms that apply to the Program:
- The Course Credit Program is void if prohibited by law.
- Dating Mechanics University may change or terminate the Course Credit Program at any time, with or without notice to you. However, any course credits earned prior to termination shall continue to be available until they expire.
- If the eligible course has conditions – such as an expiration date, or restrictions on how credits can be used – students must comply with those conditions.
- If the student tries to hack, tamper or otherwise influence the Credit Program for gain, students lose all credits and may be barred from the Credit Program or from the Dating Mechanics University site.
- Course Credits are automatically applied to courses and other products and services students order through the Dating Mechanics University site (subject to any restrictions). You do not have the ability to select how the Credits are applied.
- When a student is permitted to use their Credit toward a course, the Instructor will receive a cash payment under the original terms and conditions.
- Credits have no cash value and may not be traded or redeemed for cash, or assigned, sold or transferred to anyone else. However, a student is permitted to purchase a course, product or service for someone else through their account and their Credits will be applied to that purchase.
- If taxes are owed on student Credits or their use for participation in the Program, the student is responsible for their calculation and payment.
The Copyright Act provides that:
[a]ny person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [Dating Mechanics University] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
17 U.S.C. 512(f).
Dating Mechanics University respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our instructors, students and other users of our website and services (the “Site”) to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Site.
Dating Mechanics University’s intellectual property policy is to
1. Remove material that Dating Mechanics University believes in good faith, upon notice from an intellectual property owner or their agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Site, and
2. Remove any submitted content posted to the Site by “repeat infringers.” Dating Mechanics University considers a “repeat infringer” to be any user/instructor that has uploaded submitted content to the site and for whom Dating Mechanics University has received more than two takedown notices compliant with the provisions of 17 U.S.C. 512(c) with respect to such submitted content. Dating Mechanics University has discretion, however, to terminate the account of any user/instructor after receipt of a single notification of claimed infringement or upon Dating Mechanics University own determination.